Indians in general have a strong preference for customized and personalized shopping requirements due to a vast geographic and cultural diversity and varied social-economic consumer profile. Dominated by traditional retail market over five decades, the Indian retail space is undergoing constant disruption since last few years.
Consumer affordability has increased and aspirational middle class is growing. Apparel and household retail spends are shifting from traditional kirana and general shops to modern retail stores due to better pricing offerings and greater convenience of shopping. As a result, retail sector has emerged as the second-largest employer in India and is growing exponentially in tier II and III cities along with the usual urban pockets.
Temporary Staffing: Key to Consumption Economy
Millennials differ from ‘other’ customers in terms of lifestyle choices, consumption pattern, brand preferences and convenience. They are spending their incremental income towards eating out and entertainment, apparel and accessories and electronics. This indicates a shift towards a consumption economy which is driving growth of organized retail industry.
On one side, modern retail stores need store managers along with front-line workforce and floor attendants with good soft skills such as communication and interpersonal skills for ease of shop-navigation and driving sales. While on the other side, Indian retail sector is grappling with problems like last minute absenteeism which has domino effect on employee morale, store performance and ultimately customer satisfaction. Companies like Talensetu Services Private Limited are helping retailers overcome such problems by providing right talent through innovative and customized temporary staffing solutions for retail sector.
Talensetu – an ISO 9001:2015 certified and leading staffing agency in Pune, Mumbai and Bengaluru – bridges the gap between niche-skilled, talented candidates and retailers. Talensetu will help retail companies find competitive talent within optimum turn-around-time. Talensetu as your staffing partner nurtures talent and provides you with the best trained and skilled professionals.
Talensetu Staffing Solutions
- Talensetu – your staffing partner – has offices and teams at Pune, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Reach, scale and expertise at important locations near your company / office helps us offer you the best talent available from top institutes, organizations and companies across India.
- Team Talensetu understands that in retail sector type of product retailed, format of the store and customer involvement impacts the intensity of skill requirement across various functions. Accordingly we offer customized staffing solutions for retail industry.
- We identify the skill-gap and provide good talent for your business.
- Talensetu has designed special orientation programs to enhance communication and technical skills of selected candidates.
- Talensetu has huge database of skilled and competent candidates, retail asssistants, associates, store managers who can help build positive image of your business.
- Talensetu also offers various other services like recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) and payroll management. Payroll management services includes accounts, salaries, payments, reimbursements, provident fund, employee state insurance (ESI), labour welfare fund, employee issues, compliances, tax filings and returns etc.
Interested in Talensetu’s Retail Staffing Services? Connect with us now!
Did You Know?
- India is expected to become the world’s third-largest consumer economy, reaching US $400 billion in consumption by 2025
- Retailers across India are generally understaffed by 25 per cent of the time.
- The top-24 cities account for 29% of total retail spending, of which Delhi and Mumbai clusters contribute about 9%
- Rest of India has 71% share. Retail consumer spending expansion will come from tier-2 cities.